Loading the player...
Ayurveda & Youis a perfect guide for Ayurveda newbies. In this introductory course, you will discover your unique dosha (body type) and learn how to make dosha-specific changes in your lfie to build your strength and correct your personal imbalances to work towards optimal health.
- Learn the crucial difference between your current symptoms and your “original” nature
- Learn why everyone thrives only in their own, unique climate and the “triggers” that cause the doshas in you to imbalance
- Build your immunity and energy in harmony with this intelligence
- Discover the key to heal your current symptoms – or your distorted state of doshas
- What really are the doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha?
- ‘Get’ detailed “clues” that help you learn which doshas predominate in you
- Learn the all-important ‘Three-Things-That-Must-be-Known’ in order to heal and rejuvenate
- Learn about interesting concepts like junk smells and junk sounds that, in addition to junk foods, drive your doshas into imbalance!
- Learn practical tips and tricks to balance your doshas – and some of these are unexpected little surprises!
- Discover herbs to balance your doshas, which sleep discipline, exercise protocol, food choices and ways to play, work and meditate are in alignment with your unique prakruti…
- And, discover the biggest mistake you can make on the path to uncovering your unique physiology – and THIS is something that trips up even those familiar with Ayurveda!
You probably know you are not in a state of perfect balance or your native climate right now…
Years of imbalances and external stresses means we have been in a state of vikruti – or altered doshas – for quite some time. Even when we try to recall our “ORIGINAL” nature, we might be referring to an imbalance of five years ago!
SO HOW DO YOU GET TO YOUR PRAKRUTI – YOUR HIDDEN, TANTALIZING, INNATE OPTIMAL NATURE?
How do you heal your current symptoms and peel back the layers of imbalances to zoom into your native climate, from the inside-out?
And how do you make sense of all this intelligence in a meaningful way that impacts your life and those of your family?
To help you discover yourself and to learn what works for you, the individual, the Ayurveda Experience is proud to introduce its new course Ayurveda & You.
The course illustrates concepts in vivid detail, with REAL examples of healing from Marisa’s 20-year-old practice. It also contains a treasury of Ayurvedic concepts gleaned from the deep chest of primary texts, like the Charaka Samhita. Highly advanced, complex concepts clarified so you can put them in practice.
In the Platinum version, you get instant digital access to the
entire course(which means you can watch the course online on your desktop, smartphone, or tablet!)
a hard copy (in case you don't want to use an internet connection
a free text companion!
Free shipping + 60-day money back guarantee
Marisa Laursen (C.A.S., P.K.S., A.Y.T.)
Marisa Laursen (Sri Devi),is a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist and senior member of the teaching faculty at the California College of Ayurveda. A past member of the board of the California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine, she maintains a clinical practice in Nevada City, California.
Marisa is a Sivananda Certified Yoga Teacher, Pancha Karma Specialist, Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist, Certified Yoga Nidra practitioner, Certified Aromatherapist, and author of a soon-to-be published book on Ayurveda. She received certification from the American Institute of Vedic Studies and completed post-graduate study with Dr. Geetha S.R., BAMS, ND of the Sree Sankara Ayurveda Hospital in Kerala, India.
Marisa began teaching at the California College of Ayurveda in 2005, and has experience teaching all levels of the programs, including Principles of Ayurvedic Medicine, Clinical Ayurvedic Medicine, and Clinical Internship. In addition, she has supervised and mentored students during their internship.
Marisa teaches a variety of programs and workshops at venues worldwide, including Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy with Dr. Marc Halpern, the Founder of the California College of Ayurveda; she’s the Coordinator and a Presenter at the Sacred Healing Symposium, a 10-day program held annually at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, Bahamas; Yoga On High Ayurveda Institute in Columbus, Ohio; Ayurveda and Yoga Nature Retreats; Living Ayurveda weekly programs; Healing Your Life: Lessons on the Path of Ayurveda programs; a variety of workshops held at yoga studios throughout Southern California; and has been a guest speaker at numerous corporate functions.
Marisa has maintained an active clinical practice since 2004. The breadth of her clinical services includes dietary and lifestyle counseling, spiritual counseling, customized herbal formulations, aromatherapy, meditation, breathing techniques (pranayama), mantra, philosophy, cleansing and rejuvenation programs (panchakarma), yoga, and much more.
Marisa created, managed and owned a yoga studio, Shanti Yoga & Ayurveda, in Chino, California; served as the Director of the Ayurvedic Spa and Health Care Clinic at the California College of Ayurveda; she’s the author of the social media content used at the California College of Ayurveda; and she has published numerous professional articles on Ayurveda, including the Ayurveda Journal of Health magazine.
Marisa considers herself a life-long student of Ayurveda, Yoga and Vedanta.