Todd Caldecott,Dip.Cl.H., RH (AHG), CAP (NAMA)
Todd is an Ayurvedic practitioner, a teacher, a nutritionist, an herbal medicine specialist, the author of bestselling books such as Food as Medicine, and the executive director of the Dogwood School of Botanical Medicine. Apart from teaching Ayurveda – the Indian science of life - and other wellness modules via conferences and workshops, Todd practices as a clinician in Vancouver and has used his unique interdisciplinary approach to help hundreds manage conditions like arthritis, polycystic ovaries, insomnia and heart disease. Todd’s composite healing methods blend Ayurveda with modern scientific concepts and herbal medicine to achieve wellness by teaching you to listen to your body’s wisdom!
Todd has been practicing medicine for 20 years. In addition to that, he:
- Has a degree in Western Herbal Medicine from the Coastal Mountain College in Vancouver
- Has studied Ayurvedic medicine in Coimbatore, India
- Is a certified herbalist
- Is a certified panchakarma practitioner
- Is a yoga practitioner
- Has extensively researched Chinese Medicine
- Has authored Ayurveda: The Divine Science of Life as well as co-edited Ayurveda in Nepal: The Teachings of Vaidya Mana Bajra Bajracharya
And in 2012, Todd founded the Dogwood School of Botanical Medicine, which offers distance learning programs and a gurukula-style mentorship training program for aspiring practitioners.
Todd also maintains an extensive website containing free content on natural health and wellness including a blog where he posts regularly.
Humble and empathetic, Todd has healed and taught literally hundreds. In his own words:
“My only motivation is to get you to a place where you become more empowered.”